Updated: Mar 30
Setting goals is a way to measure your progress. As you establish self-love and mindfulness into your daily routine, set goals. Even though self-love and compassion are abstract, you can create goals for them. We will break them down into measurable goals.
How to Measure Self Love and Compassion
Self-love and compassion are abstract and based on feelings, and it may seem hard to measure them. But there is a way! We may not be able to say, “I feel 100% self-love for myself today," We would have to compare that 100% feeling to days of experiencing less than 100% love. This can be difficult to measure.
Instead, we can use a scale of 0 - 10 to share how we are feeling.
· 0 would be a neutral state of feeling.
· 10 would be where we are feeling our absolute best for that day.
· 5 would be somewhere in the middle.
If you are feeling less than neutral, you can use a negative scale up to -10.
1. The way it works is that you think about how you are feeling. Use a scale from -10 to 0 and 0 to 10. Choose a number that you feel best represents how you feel.
2. This number will serve as your starting number. before you begin your self-love and mindfulness routine each day.
After finishing the self-love and mindfulness routine, ask yourself how you feel again. Base it on the scale. Be sure to write down the number. The chances are that your feeling will have improved.
How to Create Goals for Self-Love and Compassion
It’s essential to write down your goals for anything you want to change in your life. Without goals, you won’t know where you are heading, nor will you know once you get there. Goals give you something to work on and look forward to in the future. You can always change your goals once you reach them to have new things to work towards in the future.
Goals can also make you want to work harder to reach them. In the case of self-love and compassion, think about concrete goals such as:
· I want to add a routine of self-love and compassion to my daily routine for 30 days.
· I want to listen and practice one guided meditation every day on self-love for 30 days.
· I want to write a love letter to myself one time each week to encourage myself to get through each day.
You want to write goals that include one task, a goal in what you are working towards, and a measurable length of time.
Let’s break down these goals:
1. Start with “I want.”
2. Add an action verb. The examples used above are: add, listen, write
3. Include a task to perform. The examples used above are: routine, practice one guided meditation, and a love letter
4. Decide on a measurable length of time. The examples listed above are 30 days and one time each week.
What Are Your Goals?
Let’s perform meditation to find your goals right now.
1. Get into a comfortable position
2. Relax and close your eyes
3. Breathe in and out three times. Try to let your exhalation breath be longer than your in-breath.
4. Allow your body to relax and sink deeper, to be grounded where you are
5. Imagine that you are meeting an angel
6. In the angel’s hands is a scroll
7. The angel asks you to write three goals you would like to achieve now and hands you a pen
8. Write down your three goals
9. The angel looks at your three goals and offers guidance on how you can reach them. The angel is caring and supportive of you and your goals. They only want the best for you.
10. Thank the angel for the guidance
11. Take in a deep breath
12. Open your eyes
13. Come back into the room, into here and now
If you feel so inclined journal on what your learned from that meditation. What are your 3 goals and how will you accomplish them? What guidance did the angel offer you?
I hope you have found this exercise helpful!
Blessings & Love,
Ways we can work together:
1:1 or Group Coaching Packages
VIP Coaching--Reset Your Mindset in 90 days--Learn new tips and tools to reframe your thinking, Gain valuable insight into why you do, say, and think what you do, and figure out how to re-write your story to fit who you are now and who you want to be going forward.
90 minute Breakthrough Session--This is a one time session designed to help you work on a focused issue. A session like this is meant for targeted results.
Mindset Laser Coaching Package--Laser Coaching is different in that the accountability is on the client to fulfill the action steps and schedule the next call. The beauty of laser coaching is you have the option of 6 months or a year and you can schedule as many calls as you want in that time frame, as long as your actions steps are done. Laser Coaching calls are short 30 minute calls designed to get you support when and where you need it most.
Online Courses and Community:
Mindset Masters Program-- Mindset Masters program is an monthly subscription based program to help support, encourage and offer accountability when you need it most. In this program you have access to all my online courses, plus a community of people that are there to give you different perspectives and bounce ideas with.